12 Rounds with Kris Andrews
1. After a shakey start to your professional career you have really turned things around, what changes have you made?
I made a choice, in this game if you do not give it your all you might as well quit and I have finally decided to give it my all.
2. You have recently been up at Lake Arrowhead with Talon Boxing, how is that going?
Lake Arrowhead and Talon boxing is the change I need in my life to finally take it to the next level, along with John's great one-on-one coaching and fitness and Michele's great diet it's a complete team ready to take me to the top.
3. What can we expect from Kris Andrews in the next 12 months?
Kris Andrews will be at the top of his game physically and mentally and is going to show the world what hard work, dedication and a lifestyle change can do.
4. You have had a great career so far with highs and lows, what in your eyes are the highest and lowest points?
The highest is coming back after a rocky start to win my country's title and the lowest was back at the beginning when I was not taking the game seriously and almost gave it up.
5. If you could hand pick your next opponent who would it be and why?
Well I will leave that to my new management team, Talon Boxing, they know what direction I should take my career.
6. What are your ambitions in the sport?
I wanna become world champion!!
7. If you could go back to the start of your career and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
Stay away from the bad influences, focus on your dreams and work hard for them.
8. For those fans out there who have not seen much of you, tell us a bit about yourself, did you have much of an amateur career? how would you best describe the way you box?
Well I had 110 amatuer bouts and people who see me fight say I'm like a white Thomas Hearns.
9. If you could change one thing about boxing at the moment what would it be?
That all judges would score fights fairly.
10. If you could do one round with any boxer in history who would it be and why?
Probably the great Ali, all of his fights were hyped big-time and I would love to hear what he had to say about me in one of his great lines!!
11. What is your all time favourite fight as a fan?
The Gatti vs. Ward trilogy
12. Have you got any messages for all your friends and fans out there?
Watch and wait how I will shock everyone in the up and coming years I would love to see everyones jaw drop when I'm champion of the world.